To configure the CRM Email Router with Exchange 2010 you need to do the following. Not all of these points are clearly documented on the internet.
- Create a mailbox (CRM_Router@domain.com)
- Set password never to expire
- Ensure that the mailbox is not hidden from the address list
- Login to above mailbox
- Enable impersonation with the following Exchange Management Shell commandNew-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name: “ApplicationImpersonation-CRM Router” -User: “CRM_Router@domain.com” –Role:”ApplicationImpersonation”
- [Optional] See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/12/21/how-to-configure-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-e-mail-router-on-premise-with-microsoft-exchange-server-2010.aspx for EMS commands to limit the scope of the CRM_Router user account
- Configure the CRM Email Router as per http://snackbox.microsoft.com/pages/snackdetail.aspx?itemId=152&userId=&caid=&csId=%257b4c712394-1373-4d8e-b85e-369111823def%257d%2540%257b4a9965c4-db36-4193-9e83-32347ea3b0f1%257d
- Ensure that CRM_Router@domain.com is a CRM System Administrator level account.